Thursday, 21 July 2011

Exploding Box

I've wanted to make an exploding box for ages and finally managed it last weekend. It started out as a bit of a play around and ended up as a wedding box for my brother. I have just used white card and I covered each side with an embossed square and the odd pearl here and there!

The outer sides I used a Martha Stewart punch on and a bit of embossing.

Inside the box I added some (more) roses and feathers and now need to work out where to put my message. I might do this on a small card in between the feathers and with any luck they might find it!!!

Martha Stewart punch again on the lid and a few dangly pearls and it was finished - this has got to be the longest I have spent making a card!

Wednesday, 20 July 2011


My brothers wedding is taking place at the end of this month and I foolishly said I would do the buffet, the table decorations and favours!! The theme for the tables is pink and cream roses so, rather than go out and buy them - as that just wouldn't be crafty, I got out my Tattered Florals die and made them, 90 in total, using Bazzill Bling card stock.
It was very time consuming but rewarding when I looked at them piled up ready to go!

Well, ready to go - or not!
With the help of my very good, and probably very fed up friend, we glued them in to place and stood up to admire our handiwork. Great, then one fell off - then another, and another.
The problem was trying to glue paper to glass quickly as there aren't enough hours in the day to hold each rose in place until the glue dried.
Fast forward to 3 days and several different glues later, success with Pinflair glue gel.

They aren't finished yet, but this is how they are looking now:

Hopefully when they are finished they will be filled with glass beads (the kind that go in flower vases) and a tea light, battery operated to comply with fire regs.
Just hoping that my brother and his wife will like them, think it will be quite some time before I feel the need to make roses again!!!

Monday, 11 July 2011

My first blog

Having spent the last couple of days setting up my blog I've now got to start posting!
I discovered rubber stamping about 12 months ago and seem to spend most of my time stamping, colouring in and cutting out - never actually seem to get around to making anything. Hopefully this will encourage me to finish things off!

These are a few things I have managed to complete recently.

A card for my Mum, Crafty Individuals CI-065 stamped onto mount board and embossed and coloured with promarkers.

A small plaque with Tim Holtz stamps.

This is a Father's Day card, using a Creative Expressions tree stamp and a Marianne corner die.

A plaque using Crafty Individuals stamp CI-273 and various scraps of patterned paper.

This card was made with Graphic 45 papers, Tim Holtz stamp and I made the background with a V&A floral stamp.